In this episode, Malcolm Ethridge shares the reasons why he believes it’s (almost) always a good idea to take your 401(k) with you whenever you change jobs or retire. He also shares some of the potential pitfalls to be aware of, as well as some helpful insights about a little known option available to those who own substantial shares of their company’s stock inside the plan.
- Changing Jobs? You May Want to Take Your 401(k) With You
- Own Company Stock Inside Your 401(k)? Here’s Something to Be Aware Of
- How to Avoid an IRA Rollover Mistake
Malcolm Ethridge Discusses:
- Why he believes you should always take your 401(k) with you when you change jobs (with one exception)
- The difference between a direct vs an indirect rollover
- Something to consider if you own company stock inside your 401(k)
- What can happen to the after-tax money you’ve contributed to your plan if you’re not careful.
Connect with Malcolm: